A life skill your high school senior needs to know is how to clean safely.
An easy and fun way to do this is a 15-minute room rescue – How the process works…
- Tackle only one room
- Ge a laundry basket
- Set a timer for 15 minutes
- Pick up everything that needs to be put away and throw it in the basket
- Take the laundry basket to each room and drop off items in those rooms
- Next time tackle another room and repeat the steps above
This process actually allows you to get a lot done in 15 minutes and is fun to try and beat the timer
- Remember to teach them the appropriate cleaners to use on certain services as some chemicals can damage certain surfaces.
- Sinks and countertops
- talk about sponges and other cleaning tools and how they can hold bacteria and how to clean them.
- Showers and bathtubs
- Toilet bowls – inside and out
- The importance of changing hand towels often and (back to the laundry lesson) the importance of cleaning them in the hottest water possible to kill the bacteria
- This is always a good time to change your toothbrush or toothbrush head if you use an electric one
- Lastly, sweep and mop the floor
- washing knives by hand always and not in the dishwasher
- Countertops (back to the cooking lesson) the importance of cleaning properly so they do not get food illness
- Clean out the Refrigerator teaching not only cleaning but food safety
- how long it’s safe to keep leftovers in the refrigerator for safe consumption
- how long foods can sit out before they are unsafe to eat
THE REST OF THE HOUSE
- Pick up the item, dust under it, and dust the item itself
- Ceiling fans
- Don’t forget those cobwebs that accumulate on the ceiling
- Dust Mop
- Mop (the use of chemicals on certain floors and how they can be damaged)
Rotate the chores your kids are doing so they know how to do EVERYTHING it takes to maintain a dorm room, apartment and future house.
Remember we are not only teaching them how to maintain their residence but also to be a helpful spouse.https://minksphotography.com/life-skills-we-need-to-teach-our-high-school-seniors-2/
If you are looking for a senior photographer in Cincinnati and would like your senior pictures customized especially for you, please contact me below. I would love to create something very special for you and have them printed on the most beautiful heirloom quality products so you have them to cherish for a lifetime and to pass down to future generations.
I specialize in senior pictures and am located in Loveland, Ohio and photograph seniors on location thoughout the greater Cincinnati area.