A Life skill your high school senior needs to know is the ins and outs of how to do laundry.
- Separating light from dark colors.
- Temperatures. Wash dark colors in cold water to hold their color longer.
- Sheets and Towels. Wash them in the hottest water possible to kill the bacteria. They also need to know how often they should be washing these.
- Detergent and how much to use? Laundry pods are a great way to go as they are convenient and easy to use but they still need to know how to use liquid or powder because pods are also very expensive.
- Stains and how to treat them.
- Smells and how to get them out.
- Load size – how much they should put in the washer? Too much won’t get the clothes clean and too little is a waste of money, this may be especially important since they will probably be on a budget.
- Drying clothes. We don’t want things to shrink or get damaged.
- Dry cleaning clothes. Do they know that not everything can be washed with water?
- Folding. Make sure they know how to fold their laundry so it doesn’t become wrinkled and teach them easy ways to do this so it actually gets done and not left on a basket or on the floor before they even get worn.
- Ironing. Well let’s face it, we’ll be lucky if they fold their clothes so ironing will be highly unlikely but they still need to know how to do it and how clothing can be damaged if ironed on the wrong temperature.
- Laundry symbols – do they know what they mean so they don’t ruin something that shouldn’t be washed, ironed, bleached, etc.?
If you are looking for a senior photographer in Cincinnati and would like your senior pictures customized especially for you, please contact me below. I would love to create something very special for you and have them printed on the most beautiful heirloom quality products so you have them to cherish for a lifetime and to pass down to future generations.
I specialize in senior pictures and am located in Loveland, Ohio and photograph seniors on location thoughout the greater Cincinnati area.